About Your Counselor
Hello! I look forward to working with you all to help students reach their full potential through individual, group and classroom lessons focusing on social/emotional development and growth, academic support, and career exploration.
My background includes a BA in Public Relations and Spanish from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota in 2009 and corporate work in Training and Project Management from 2010-2020. I earned an MS in School Counseling from Kansas State University in 2021.
What I Do
Social and emotional wellness are key factors to academic success. My job is to support all Chinn students on their social and emotion growth, academic pursuits and encourage career exploration.
Parts of my job include:
- Individual and small groups counseling
- Classroom lessons on social and emotional development like
- Skills for learning
- Emotion regulation tips
- Problem-solving strategies
- And showing empathy and respect.
- Support teachers with any needs they have regarding students
- Parent and teacher collaboration
- School-wide initiatives
- Behavior interventions
My goal is to support you and your students. Please reach out if you have any concerns regarding your child.
Here are activities and resources to help you.